Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I Caved

I tried bitter cynicism for a day, and already I cave. Clearly committment is not for me. But nonetheless, I remain jilted, so don't try to tell me I'm not!
Here's what happened. I'm at home, watching the two hour Bachelor Special (it was the Home Visit episode), when I get an email reminding me to fill out my "Love Match Survey." Let me explain - TGLSOAT offers this quiz every year where you answer several random questions (such as "Vote For Pedro? Yes or No?") and then, for the bargain price of $3, you can buy the list of the people you are most compatible with. (Sorry grammar police - I meant "those with whom you are most compatible.")
Let's just say I wanted to resist. I tried...I fought it...but I...just...couldn't...say no. It wanted me to fill it out, and who was I to say no. I mean, you never know, my true love could be on that list, right! SO I caved. That list better get me laid, is all I'm sayin', because I am sick of getting duped.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Roni, I can attest that the love match survey will get you ass, but not any of the good kind. I made the mistake of hooking up with my #1 match and what did I end up with? A freak who pretended to be a monkey and pick (non-existant) bugs from my hair and eat them. This is not cute. Actually fairly traumatizing. Beware the love match survey.

not that this experience kept me from filling it out again this year :)

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that survey should have been more physical...apparently pila doesn't know how superficial i am.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home