Monday, March 20, 2006

For Shame!

I've been shamed by my adoring fans who post comments more than I publish!! 'Tis truly a disservice both to the public, who cannot survive on bread alone - nay, they need The Roni - and to The Roni herself who is studying instead of posting!
Now that's a damn lie, and we all know it. In fact, if you must know the truth, The Roni has been too busy with her head up her own enormous ass to lock it up. You know those spells where you get so wrapped up with the day to day goings on that you completely lose track of your priorities? (Also, btw, I just had to ask The Bunny how to spell "lose." You're lucky she's here, or else you'd just have read "completely loose track of your priorities?" Listen, The Roni has a tremendously fabulous J-Lo/Mimi-esque ass, you can't expect her to be good at everything!)Well I just emerged from one of those spells. I was so busy thinking about going to the gym and my fabulous array of aerobics classes, and shopping online for beauty products from Bliss, and wearing my fabulous new blue suede Marc Jacobs pumps, and well, mostly just daydreaming about all the potential love in the air, that I completely forgot what really matters in this world. And I would like to thank the NCAA and all my Close Personal Friends, who reminded me that what really matters in this crazy, mixed up place we call Charvegas (note, dear readers, I did not say "The Real World." Because what matters there escapes me, and I'd prefer not to hurt my brain by thinking on any more grand a scale then TGLSOAT) is sitting in a sports bar drinking $3 big girl Bud Lights and eating as much fried food as possible with people who think you're awesome and who you think are awesome. Really, could there be anything better than that? No. And that's why day dreaming about sunshine and roses and people you'd really really like to like you, while fun and helpful in wiling away those dreary hours "in class" (you fools! I can't believe you still buy into that!), just isn't where your head needs to be right now.
This weekend was the perfect reminder of how great bars are (BARS!! I have missed you since January, the last I saw you - damn you Feb Club!) and how freaking fabulous college basketball is, and how awesome it is to sit around and shoot the shit with hilarious people. (Lucky all you who get to share a booth with The Roni at BW2s because she is hilarious!) Even better if you're on the softball field with those people and they say awesome things to your largely all-girls softball team like "On the count of three, everyone get your period!" or "what time is it? I can't tell because there isn't a stove around!"
And that brings me to my second (third? 18th? I can't keep track - I'm a girl, so numbers are hard for me...) point. I freaking love softball. I used to kind of tolerate it, then I stopped playing entirely, but then I gave it a second chance, and like Tequila, when you turn away from it for a while and then come back, it's better than ever. (That is also a daggum lie. You should know that The Roni hates tequila. They used to be intimate. It ended badly. She never wants to have anything to do with it again, unless it's in a delicious, delicious Margarita. Preferably the ones made by Foxxy because those are DAMNED good. Speaking of which, you know what sounds good right now? Margaritas. But I digress...) In the past week I have played more softball than I know what to do with myself. But it all reminds me what matters in this world. My head is clear now, and I see that I need to spend more time in bars, drinking beers, eating fried food, playing softball (preferably with aforementioned beers) and chilling with the Panty Posse, and Zeus and all the rest of that loveable cast of characters. Forget about the suck that can be Charvegas and remember the sheer unadulterated awesomeness that it can be. So everyone get to a bar, get on the field, raise a frosty mug and celebrate the fact that we have a year and a bit more to enjoy the High Life, the Champagne of...well, that metaphor ended with a dull thud. But you see where I was going with that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, you just made 10 minutes of law and economics fly by (yes i am barely literate and it took me that long to read the post)... softball is fun, drinking is great and bars are awesome with 4 games of college bball on the screens (on a related note the upstairs of o'neils is a nice place to watch the games)... mostly i just wanted to comment on a new love of my own now... big buck hunter... it's a great bar game that i suggest everyone waste their singles on the next time you're at a bar....anyways, keep up the awesome posts and when is the next time we're going to be out drinking together roni... i miss your wit and charm

3:28 PM  
Blogger The Roni said...

Oh, I do so hope this is my dear, beloved, if slightly handicapped at present, Badger!! Darling, of course we can booze soon, but only if you promise to play Titty PhotoHunt with me! It's much better than Buck Hunter. (Wow, that was a sexually explicit rhyming scheme...) And for all you O'Neil's inclined people, the nachos are DELICIOUS there, the waiters are gorgeous, and I am told the potential for after hours companionship is quite good, though of course The Roni would know nothing about that. Sadly.

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they have naked photo hunt... i'm so in... i do tend to get distracted by boobs though so i might not be too good

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home