Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Shout out to my homies

I just wanted to give one huge mother f-ing shout out to Google. Google is amazing. Seriously. I do believe my life would legitimately be incomplete without it. Here are a few things The Googs does that no one else can do:
1. Google Earth: Thank you, GMW, for showing me this handy stalking and class procrastination technique. Simply fascinating.
2. Google directions via TEXT MESSAGE: The Roni is obsessed with texting. No joke. I do it incessantly, even when I'm doing other stuff. Texting and driving? Money. Texting on the can? You bet. Texting in class? Risky, but I like it. Hence this handy dandy technique wherein The Roni can be lost, driving, and texting all at the same time pretty much is the best thing that's ever happened to me.** Simply text G-O-O-G-L (no E) and type the name of your destination (i.e. "The Roni's Bedroom") the city (i.e. "Charvegas") and the state (i.e. "Confused") (just kidding...not that kind of state) and Google will text you back the address, directions and phone number of your destination!! So hott.
3. Google Help: The Roni has been suffering from some serious foot cramps lately. Methinks it's some of the tricky moves we do in water aerobics (not kidding), but it's starting to cramp my style, if you know what I mean. So I google "foot cramps remedy" and what should I discover but a service where you can ask Google, which knows everything, how to remedy your various ailments/dilemmas/phobias.
So pretty much Google is my favorite animal. (Get there...get there...)

**I say "pretty much the best thing that's ever happened to me" because currently the best thing that's happening to me is the Clap Your Hands, Say Yeah album of the same name. If you haven't downloaded it and sold your soul to the devil for them to produce more music, that should be the first thing on your "To Do" List. I think I will direct the music video of my life to "Upon This Tidal Wave..."

You know what else I think is amazing? The NS. I emailed The NS recently to discuss some crap that's been going down, and she wrote back a pithy yet heartfelt email that really hit home. I will share with you some excerpts:

re: a close friend really dropping the ball vis a vis The Roni recently: "Everyone fucks up like that, I think. Except us."

Re: Pathetic Boy Incident No. 1 (see yesterday's post): "There are a lot of jackasses it sounds like at TGLSOAT, but you only have to live with them for another year and a half, whereas they have to live with themselves for their whole lives."

NS, you really know how to speak to The Roni in terms she can understand (i.e. be not bothered by the plebeians whom you tower above).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! I got a shout-out. I LOVE ME!

-NS (but perhaps a new name is due... those days are long past!)

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home