Saturday, April 29, 2006

Exam Club

First there was Feb Club, then March (Madness) Club, then April (Birthday) Club, and now Exam Club. Last night, to celebrate the beginning of finals (? That can't be right? Someone suggested it was really to celebrate the end of "classes," but since The Roni doesn't deign to go to these things, why should she celebrate their end?). Nonetheless, I was out with a couple of the posse girls. The night ended up being rather fun, and as such, I was amenable to going back to The Den of Iniquity for some late night revelry. Normally this is something I would be loathe to do (see http://princessandpeanut.blogspot.com/2005/12/hurrah.html) where, in the early blog, I make numerous references to that pit, that vacuum of space, time and panties), but as the Badger was luring me with his wily ways, how could I say no?
This is where things somehow go horribly awry. There we are, sitting on the porch, watching an out of town visitor wearing a Mexican Wrestling Mask (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucha_libre) and daring him to throw a beer in the face of the first person (ok, fine, first girl) who walked by, when I say something apparently displeasing to his magesty, The Badger. He starts to shout something at me, and I turn around to face him. As I do, I see a full cup of beer hurtling at me, and I turn my back just in time for the whole cup to explode all over me. Then, apparently sensing that the melee had begun, Mexican Wrestling Mask comes over and attempts to give me a wedgie (what? seriously? apparently this is a move oft attempted in the old Lucha Libre rings...). I, naturally, try to defend my honor. Mexican Wrestling Mask then decides it's time to pull out all the stops, so he picks up a cooler filled with old garbage and dumps it on me. At this point, I am totally lost, and am looking around for a friend in the crowd to help me against this lunatic! As I am turning looking for anyone - Boobs? Badger? Anyone? - to help me out, MWM tackles me, picks me up over his shoulder, and marches me to the garbage cans, where he promptly deposits me. Awesome.
And to think, I could have been in the library studying. Thanks guys.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ew! This is why you should hang out with Drama Nerds more often. We don't put people in garbage cans, we sing karaoke. And stage combat is must always be safe/sane/consensual.
Zeus knows what I'm talking about.

7:54 PM  
Blogger The Roni said...

Anonymous - identify yourself. Neither Zeus nor I can pinpoint you, and since we don't spend a lot of time with any kind of nerds, let alone Drama Nerds, we're having a hard time placing you. Also, we were drunk at Kareoke. So if we talked to/made out with/propositioned you, we don't remember it...

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home