Thursday, November 16, 2006

This is starting to be a problem

Seriously people, I cannot work. Physically unable. Hard wired against it.

But the good news for you is that it means more lovely posts on the nature of everything Roni.

Two things you need to know right now:
1. Music:
(a) Go out right now and buy the new Cold War Kids cd. Seriously. It's the best thing in the entire world. Acoustical deliciousness. Buy it.
(b) If you're into this sort of thing, which The Roni is, go buy the new Ben Kweller cd. It's much better than either of the other two, in my humble Roni opinion. (Ha! The Roni? Humble? I can't even say that with a straight face.)
(c) Do any of you people like Sufjan Stevens? I recently downloaded Chicago, which I heart big time, but I don't know which other songs to buy. Any suggestions?
(d) And as always, please feel free to add more music suggestions for all the starving peons out there without the good sense to develop their own heightened musical sensibilities.
2. Karma. Do you all believe in karma? Really - I'm curious. I ask because recently the NS has been complaining to me about one of her co-clerks who leaves every day at exactly 5:58 when they're supposed to be there until 6 every day, and in reality most of them are there until 6:30 or later. Plus this db keeps showing up 20-30 minutes late in the morning, and at least an hour late once a week. And the best part is, their Judge never notices. Annoying, right? Of course if she did it too, she'd get busted. But this guy gets away with it. So will he get his eventually?
And more importantly, does relationship karma exist? To wit, is there a giant Wal-Mart in hell somewhere populated solely by all the peanut smugglers who've done The Roni and the rest of the Pink Mafia wrong? Or will they all end up bald and married to fat girls. (That means, of course, girls who are much, MUCH bigger than The Roni. Which means these girls must have HUUUUUGE asses that, like, beep when they back up. (The Roni's only flashes lights when she backs up...)) Does it come back to get you when you play the cad in matters of the heart? Or are we all just like amoebas in a big pre-dawn-of-civilization relationship smorgazborg - we float around, bouncing against one and another every once in a while, and then when the music stops, we hook up with some other random amoeba for the long haul?
I don't know why I am posing these weighty questions right now. These are just the things I think about when I am trying not to think about The Warren Court and Communism. (Hard to do, I know - I'm sure many of you stay up nights wondering what would have happened if Frankfurter hadn't had that stroke, don't you?)
But please do let The Roni know your thoughts on fate. She takes comfort knowing that someone else believes that all those dashed hopefuls will get theirs eventually...

[PS Upon spell-checking this puppy, I realized that Blogger is even dirtier than The Roni - suggestion for "peons"? "Penis." I knew there was a reason I heart Blogger so much.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home